Monday, October 22, 2007

Self Denial by Curtis and Dawn

How about the topic of "self denial."

Matthew 5:39-41
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Matthew 10:37-39
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mark 8:34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luke 9:23And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

The above verses have so many other verses backing them. In this day and age the "church" teaches that "It's ALL about me". "How to be a better you", "Your best life now", etc. and such like things. Others outside of the harlot church are gathering at home fellowships and I've seen a similar selfish controlling spirit while attending. My wife and I attended a fellowship this past Saturday and found that those in attendance desire to keep their guns regardless the cost. If the government wants to take their guns they will die fighting...they also were leading in the direction that we should fight against the "New World Order". When I questioned them they told me they fight by educating others about the "New World Order" but throughout the bible study I noticed alot of hypocritical statements... As far as I see things in the body of Christ, we have no rights at all (humanly speaking) and the only right we do have is to die so He (Jesus Christ) can live His life through us completely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Curtis and Dawn! The Lord brought this verse below to mind. It is not our life now to live but His, because we are dead and it is His life in us...

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

*Christina1998 from Apostasy Watch paltalk

Anonymous said...

And again, most Christians coming out of the apostate church have never been introduced to Jesus Christ and who He Is. They may be able to quote some "key church" scriptures they have been programmed with but do they (we) truly understand who He is? The verses I mentioned can drive anyone away from the true character of Jesus Christ and we all need the Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us into all truth. The bible tells us in John 1:1-2 that "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." When we go down to verse 14 we see that "...the Word became flesh and dwelt among us..." In 1 John 4:8 it is written "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." Seeing that Jesus Christ is the Word and the Word is God and that God is love, we have a glimpse of Who Jesus Christ is. Love. How is it possible to begin to conceive an understanding that we must "hate" our father, mother, wife, children, etc. as stated in Luke 14:26
("If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.") unless we as a people truly know who He is? One way self denial can come and be perfected in and through us is as we learn to understand and know the character of Jesus Christ, why He suffered, what came through His suffering and sacrifice and what it means to be a son (daughter) of the Father. Allowing Jesus Christ to "live in me" (Gal 2:20) and the fruit of His life in us shows in the way we treat one another. Words and the way we express "words" to one another can ultimately make or break a wounded sibling in Christ. Compassion came from Jesus Christ The Word of God and compassion allows us to receive Him through each other.

Philippians 3:9-14

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.