Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More On Sanctification



I was full of pride when I thought that I could clean myself up by following some law or rule, or even listening to well-meaning family and friends (this includes others in the Body)to keep me on the Narrow Path. I was deceived. It was only when God showed me that it is not through my efforts, but through HIS grace that I am saved (daily). This is a very, very personal process. Others see what's on the outside; but the Spirit of God sees what lies deep down inside where others cannot see.

Salvation is not a once in a lifetime event. Salvation is a daily process of walking with the Savior and a dying to self. He directs us. He shows us. He gives us the strength to overcome.

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This [is] the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." (Zec 4:6)

No comments: