Monday, November 12, 2007

Sold Out to Christ (A powerful witness)

Maria is a dear sister in Christ who has been battling cancer for some time now...this is just one of the many chances she has had to witness to the others receiving treatment; nurses, doctors, etc.... It's long but if you read it, it will truly bless you and encourage you...

October 30th

My Dear Brothers and sisters:

First let me thank you all for your prayers and to ask you to continue to pray for God's will. Also for my husband and our finances since he still has not been able to find a job since being fired from Target because of spending time with me taking me or being with me at the hospital. I know the Lord has not abandoned us but I ask that His work be manifested in such a way that Mike can see and finally give himself to the Lord.

Today I had spent most of the day praying for a miracle but I have to remind myself that not in my time but HIS.

Since the beginning of October I have spent a lot of time in the hospital as an inpatient but even longer as an outpatient getting transfusions almost daily. I wake every day only by the Grace of God, and I will be honest with you, I would like and I am ready for the Lord to take me, to finally live without pain, transfusions and treatments, to ease the struggle and pain in my family. It is so hard now that Mike doesn’t have a job to figure out how we are going to meet all our debts and needs. But for only reasons that the Father knows I still wake up every morning and a day doesn't go by that He doesn’t give me an opportunity to share His gospel with others.

Today was no different. Michael took me to the hospital for a treatment and transfusions. There was a very young man, I would say probably in his middle 20's. I found out later that his name was Charles.

I waited until I had been poked six times trying to find a vein and for my transfusion to start. Then I settled back. I was laying back between an elderly lady, Cathy, and Charles, the young man. I noticed that he was reading a book but I couldn't tell what it was. Next to him was a catalog called "One Spirit". The Lord let me know I needed to talk to Charles first since he was almost done with his treatment. I introduced myself and asked him if I could take a look at his catalog. He gave me a disarming smile and handed the catalog over.

The catalog mentioned how you could cure your body, soul and mind by reading some of their books. Lots of the books were from the psychic Sylvia Browne, along with several books about Wiccan.

Now this is a very small room and when you talk everyone else hears your conversation. So I asked Charles what was he reading and he said actually two different books; one titled "The Wiccan Year" and "Natural Witchery".

I asked him why was he reading those books, and he said because he was too young to die from cancer. He is 23. He said that by practicing wiccan he could be healed. I asked Charles if he truly believed in that and he said yes. I then asked if he had heard of the only Almighty Healer God. He said, yes, he had, since he was raised as a Catholic. I said, wow, you go from one end to the other; and I also told him that I had come from a Catholic background.

I then asked him if he would be willing to take a test. He said sure. I gave him the "Good Person Test" based on the 10 Commandments and he let me know he had broken and continues to break all of them except murder. I said, oh, can I ask you if you have
had or have now girlfriend whom you have gotten pregnant and then paid or accompanied her to have an abortion. He said, of course, three times. I said then you have committed murder and were an accessory to murder. That got him into arguing that I was wrong.

I then told him there is a commandment that says "Thou Shall Not Kill". Abortion is killing. Then we discussed when was a baby a "real baby". Well, Praise the Lord, I finally convinced him that it was a baby upon conception. Then I asked him why didn’t he reach out to God to heal him instead of to witchery. He said he had turned to witchery because God gave him the cancer and he was too young to die and witchery could help him cure himself.

I started to talk to him as if he was mine, and said, yes, I feel you are too young to die but I am not so sad about your death. I am sad because if you were to die right now you would burn in hell, and that just broke my heart. I told him how long I had been suffering from cancer, and that I was only 56, a lot older than him, but that I would be joyful to die because my Lord would be waiting for me in Heaven where I wouldn’t suffer anymore. I told him I could be his mother and that I wanted him to understand what the difference was between heaven and hell and how Jesus had died for our sins and that saying I am sorry without true repentance was no good.

I asked him who in the Wiccan culture had died to redeem him. For the first time he was very quiet. I took out my Bible out and tracts and I read them to him. I also read to him about the Passion and the Resurrection. I asked if I could pray for him and his salvation.
He very quietly nodded. So I prayed, for the Lord to open the eyes of his heart, to make him see the only way was through Jesus and not witchery. I asked for the Lord to convict him and bring Charles to HIM.

I then asked him to give me his books and catalog. He handed them over and I handed him my Bible. I asked him if he had considered about asking Jesus into his life. He said he would. I then told him to start reading the bible every day, told him to start with the Gospel of John. He asked me when could we talk again. I told him anytime. He said he had lots of questions. Tomorrow we are having lunch here at the house.
So brothers and sisters, it is on days like today that I realize why I am still alive. He still has work for me to do here. I encourage you to go out and find others like Charles and bring them the Good News.

I thank God for giving me strength when I am weak. I love and I am praying for all of you.
Maria Jordan

October 31st

Let me start by saying that I am being re-admitted to the hospital tomorrow afternoon.
Hopefully it will only be for a few days but can't promise anything. So if you don’t
hear from me don’t worry. No news is good news right.

As far as lunch today with Charles it was awesome. We spent 3 hours together. By the end we were both ready to take a nap.

Our street was extremely busy with Trick or Treaters tonight I mean hundreds of kids and parents. I had an awesome time handing out tracts, instead of Candy. So hopefully some seeds were planted. I got many weird looks because I didn’t have candy but gospel tracts.

I will let you know when I get home from the hospital. Just continue to pray for Charles and his hunger for God's good news and my Michael he is desperate and we are loaded with bills and phone calls from bill collectors. He is going crazy especially with me going back into the hospital. Please pray that the Lord manifests to Him and shows
Him that HE will provide.

Please don’t worry about me. I am in the Lord's hand. I love you all.
Love you all
Maria

November 11th

Dear brothers and sisters, Charles and I have been studying John. He came to see me at the hospital every day and now that I am home we talk on the phone but mainly he comes over.

Yesterday he was here and we were studying and all of a sudden he said he didn’t feel good and was having problems breathing and pain by his shunt. I had to call the ambulance. He is in ICU in very bad condition. Please ask everyone you know to pray for him. He is one of God's miracles, a little seedling that is growing stronger in the Lord every day. Thanking you for your prayers in advance
.
Love you all
Maria

November 12th

Dear Brothers and Sisters, I am numb right now, Charles died at 3 p.m. this afternoon. My Pastor walked in the room just seconds after he passed away. Truly and honestly deep in my heart I rejoice because I believe he is in heaven with our Father. Just minutes before, crying, he asked the Lord for forgiveness and he appeared to me to be truly convicted. He confessed his sins openly and I believe he truly repented.

It is amazing how short our stay here really is and how we all must be prepared to go at any second. I rejoice that he didn’t die believing in all the witchery stuff and I thank the Lord for using my illness and my boldness to approach him. That could have been me today but the Lord chose Charles instead.

Please pray for his family. I will not be here tomorrow. I am going to be at his mom’s and then at the wake. Please pray for me because I know that the evil one is going to be there in force and I need to be strong, bold and only speak the name of the Lord . I will be ready with tracts and I will tell Charles’ story to all of them. I pray that the Lord uses me even if it is one last time to proclaim His word to all the lost souls that would be there.

Love,
Maria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I almost don't know what to say. It made me cry with joy.:')) Praise God for using Maria in the last days of this man's short life to bring him to repentance, so he wouldn't experience eternity burning and separated from the living God.