Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MODERN EVANGELISM...Oswald Chambers

Modern evangelism has gone wildly off the track in that it has made salvation a bag of tricks whereby if I believe a certain slogan or formula, I am tricked out of hell and made right for heaven--a travesty of the most tremendous revelation of the Redemption of the human race by Jesus Christ.  The New Testament's teaching about Christianity is that the Son of God is formed in me on the basis of His marvellous regeneration until, as Paul says, "the life which I now live in the flesh"--not the life I am going to live when I get to heaven, but the life I now live in this flesh, the life that all see and know--"I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me, and gave Himself for me."

Modern evangelism makes the mistake of thinking that a worker must plough his field, sow the seed, and reap the harvest in half-an-hour.  Our Lord was never in a hurry with the disciples; He kept on sowing the seed and paid no attention to whether they understood Him or not.  He spoke the truth of God, and by His own life produced the right atmosphere for it to grow and then left it alone, because H knew well that the seed had in it all the germinating power of God and would bring forth fruit after its kind once it was put in the right soil.  We are never the same after listening to the truth; we may forget it, but we will meet it a gain.

No comments: