Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Whom Do You Trust? Reposting

I am re-posting this for clarification.

Do you rely on yourself, your own wisdom or the wisdom of family or friends to get you through a situation. Don't do that! Get in the habit of trusting the only One who will deliver you.

Have faith; He will NEVER let you down!

Implicit Trust

For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the Lord. (Jeremiah 39:18)

Behold the protecting power of trust in God. The great men of Jerusalem fell by the sword, but poor Ebed-melech was secure, for his confidence was in Jehovah. Where else should a man trust but in his Maker? We are foolish when we prefer the creature to the Creator. Oh, that we could in all things live by faith, then should we be delivered in all time of danger! No one ever did trust in the Lord in vain, and no one ever shall.

The Lord saith, "I will surely deliver thee," Mark the divine "surely." Whatever else may be uncertain, God's care of believers is sure. God Himself is the guardian of the gracious. Under His sacred wing there is safety even when every danger is abroad. Can we accept this promise as sure? Then in our present emergency we shall find that it stands fast. We hope to be delivered because we have friends, or because we are prudent, or because we can see hopeful signs; but none of these things are one-half so good as God's simple "because thou hast put thy trust in me."

Dear reader, try this way, and, trying it, you will keep to it all your life. It is as sweet as it is sure.

These words are straight out of the bible. Trusting the Lord is not a "concept;" it is a way of life for those who believe God, and take Him at His word. The outcome is not up to us, it is up to the Lord. "Ebed-melech was secure, for his confidence was in Jehovah." God delivered him because it was His will that he be delivered.

I cannot imagine anyone thinking that this post suggests that we will be spared from all physical harm. This verse gives an example of a man who trusted in God.

I want to trust God in all things; even if it means my death. There is nothing I can do to save myself. The bible tells us not to rely on our wisdom, knowledge or what seems right. The bible tells us to trust God, no matter how things look. It tells us to walk by faith and not by sight.

Nowhere in this post do I say that I believe in once saved, always saved. I believe that Jesus will keep me saved and I trust Him. I can't keep myself saved. How ludicrous for anyone who calls himself a Christian to think that he can keep himself saved.


3 comments:

Diana Kukk said...

If we can keep ourselves saved, then why do we need God?

Anonymous said...

I am glad she is NOW a christain! But man how can Paul W. be married to a woman 12 years and know she was not a real christian???

Diana Kukk said...

Dear Anonymous,

I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe it's because he couldn't see into her heart.

Do you know who is saved and who may be pretending? Lots of people look good on the outside. They say all the right things. They keep a lot of laws. Maybe they don't watch TV and football and stuff.

She led a moral life, didn't drink, went to church, did all the things that a lot of other professing Christians do. She taught Sunday school, sang in the choir. And all along these people are just pretending. They are walking in their own righteousness instead of the Righteousness of Christ!

It gives one something to think about, doesn't it?