Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back, Then Forward


Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant. (Ezekiel 16:60)

Notwithstanding our sins, the Lord is still faithful in His love to us. He looks back. See how He remembers those early days of ours when He took us into covenant with Himself, and we gave ourselves over to Him. Happy days those! The Lord does not mock us with them and charge us with being insincere. No, He looks rather to His covenant with us than to our covenant with Him. There was no hypocrisy in that sacred compact, on His part, at any rate. How gracious is the Lord thus to look back in love!

He looks forward also. He is resolved that the covenant shall not fail. If we do not stand to it, He does. He solemnly declares, "I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant." He has no mind to draw back from His promises. Blessed be His name, He sees the sacred seal, "the blood of the everlasting covenant," and He remembers our Surety, in whom He ratified that covenant, even His own dear Son; and therefore He rests in His covenant engagements. "He abideth faithful; he cannot deny himself."

O Lord, lay this precious word upon my heart and help me to feed upon it all this day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, just live anyway you want, God doesn't care. Too bad God didn't let Jesus, His faithful disciples and the writers of the New Covenant in on this. They sure thought the Holy Spirit was given to BELIEVERS to live actual righteous sanctified lives!!!
Such deception on this site and the links to the other apsotasy writers!

Diana Kukk said...

Thank you for your comment. Dear Anonymous. I can see that you are really proud of what you have written (anonymously). As for the verse of scripture that was quoted, I didn't make it up. It's what God said. What part of the word "everlasting" don't you understand. So are you saying that as soon as I commit a sin, any sin, that God will forget about me and go back on His word? P.S. The post doesn't say that you can live anyway you want that God doesn't care. That's what YOU said. I have a question for you. Who does the sanctification? Do you really actually believe that you can sanctify yourself? The word "sanctify" means holy. So are you saying that you can make yourself holy?

Diana Kukk said...

Another comment to Anonymous:
I guess you have forgotten that Peter did deny Christ. Ooops! According to your theory, I guess he won't make it. Not to mention all the other mistakes they made along the way.

Anonymous said...

My apologies - just wanted to let you know the Holy Spirit will work in our lives if we will obey Him.
This is your blog - so just blog away. i won't bother you again!

Diana Kukk said...

Apology accepted. I agree with you 100%. The Holy Spirit works in our lives and we must always obey Him and not our flesh. I do appreciate your comments. I was just wondering if anybody was reading what I post. I guess there is at least one person! LOL.